Due to a high number of machines coming in during the past two months we are currently running at a 4 week turn-around time on all services and repairs.
Something not working the way it should or in need of a tune up on your home sewing machine, embroidery machine or serger? The Sewing Studio Fabric Superstore’s sewing machine repair department services and repairs most makes and models of home sewing machines, embroidery machines and sergers. Andy is our in house repair man who has a combined 30 years of experience working on many brands of sewing machines. The Sewing Studio Fabric Superstore is an authorized Babylock and Brother Service Center enabling us to handle warranty claims for either brand. We also warranty all in house repairs for 90 days. We believe in “Honest work done at a fair price”. If you are located in the Greater Orlando area our sewing machine repair department is second to none.
Remember! Your sewing machine should be serviced every 12 months, and here’s why:
If you do a lot of sewing
Lint, thread and broken needles can collect in the needle bar, hook and feed mechanisms, causing problems ranging from noise to more serious problems that can stop the machine from functioning. Heavy use can also remove oil on moving parts that the machine needs to operate smoothly. Lint and thread build up can cause serious tension problems.
If you sew occasionally:
Lint, thread and broken needles can still collect in the needle bar area and in the gears of the thread-handling mechanism. Even moderate use necessitates oiling of moving parts of the sewing machine. A small piece of thread in the tension unit will necessitate cleaning and recalibration of the tension.
If your sewing machine has been in the closet for a few years and you want to sew again:
The machine should be tuned up so that you will have peak performance of the machine and trouble free sewing. Even sitting in the closet, the oil in the machine can and will dry out which will lock up parts and potentially lead to further damage of the machine.
Thorough servicing by the Sewing Studio Fabric Superstore will eliminate all of these problems and guarantee trouble free sewing.
Items to bring when having your machine serviced:
- Sewing Machine / Embroidery Machine / Serger
- Power Cord (Not Necessary On BabyLock, Brothers Or Juki's)
- Foot Control (Not Necessary On BabyLock, Brothers Or Juki's)
- Standard Foot
- Bobbin in Machine
- Regular Bobbin Case
- Embroidery Unit (Embroidery Machines Only and If Wanting Service)
- Embroidery Hoop (Embroidery Machines Only) (Not Necessary On BabyLock or Brothers)
- Embroidery Foot (Embroidery Machines Only)
- Also if you are experiencing a problem with a particular accessory please bring that item
- It is helpful to leave the thread you are regularly using on the machine (Yes, sometimes the thread can be the problem)
- Please leave multi-needle sewing machine threaded
- Inspect entire machine for worn or broken parts
- Check hook timing
- Check needle bar timing
- Check needle position
- Check needle box clearance
- Check belt
- Check timing & motor
- Check hook
- Check feed dogs
- Check presser assembly bar
- Check all electrical connections
- Check foot control connections
- Check proper functioning of motor
- Adjust speed controls
- Check pulleys
- Adjust bobbin case clearance
- Check tension assembly
- Blow out and clean inside of machine
- Properly oil machine
- Check light
- Calibrate buttonhole feed
- Adjust positioning of embroidery units
- Check bobbin winder
- Balance tensions
- Clean outside of machine